What are Expert Witness Services?
Expert witness services are services provide a qualified medical expert based on information given by a court of law in a medical legal case. The services of the expert witness may be employed for litigations, arbitrations, or tribunals.
Who can be an Expert Witness?
An expert witness in a medical legal case can be a certified doctor with advanced training in a field that is related to the dispute, or a general practitioner, a nurse practitioner, a physical therapist, or a certified medical professional.
Indications for Expert Witness Services
Expert witness services may be employed when opinion evidence of the medical expert may help bring about an early resolution of a dispute in a medical legal case.
What Services do Expert Witness Provide?
The various services provided by expert witnesses include:
- Testifying in a medical legal case by providing an impartial and independent expert medical opinion on a subject of dispute
- Submitting a medical report that may be used as evidence
- Verifying any medical information provided by the opposing party
- Ensuring compliance with procedure rules and regulations in medical legal cases
Benefits of Expert Witness Services
Expert witness services can enlighten a jury about:
- The pain and suffering experienced by an individual
- The extent and severity of the injuries sustained
- The need for surgery or other forms of treatment
- The expected length of the recovery period
- The limitations of an individual as a result of an injury or disease